Ingredients – por. for 2 persons
2 spring onions
1 medium size onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 pack of firm tofu
1 Tbsp vegetable oil – I would refrain from using olive oil!
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Bell peppers/Paprikas
1 bunch of Bok choy
50g Shiitake mushrooms
Cooked brown rice for two persons*
*I use this recipe for brown rice! It makes perfect rice every time. A small tip would be to add a piece of kelp when you cook the rice. It leaves no sea or fishy taste but makes rice shiny and more flavorful!
For the sauce
2 Tbsp Gochujang, Korean red pepper paste
2 Tbsp Soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp Sesame oil
1/2 Tbsp sugar or honey
How to cook it
1. Cut tofu into small cubes or simply mash it with your hands on a pan. I just squeezed tofus and made it into crumbs. Add the oil and soy sauce and stir-fry it for about 8 minutes on a medium to medium-high heat till golden brown. This allows the texture to be more pleasant and tofu to absorb all the taste!
2. Slice the onions and mince the garlics. Cut the white parts of spring onions finely. Add all of them to the pan and stir-fry together for 5-7 minutes.
at first I thought they were cabbage LOL)
4. Add the cut vegetables into the pan and stir-fry together for 8 more minutes. Meanwhile, cut the green parts of bok choy and spring onions. Prepare the sauce as well.
6. Add the sauce and cook all for 1-2 minutes.
7. Put all the green parts, cook it for 30 more seconds and it’s all done!
I hope you give this recipe a try! Wish you a joyful and healthy cooking day 🙂