These vegan muffins are great for everything. For snack, for dessert, or for breakfast. I have been baking them so often, I’m now in sudden need of a good cookie or muffin case where I can store them properly. It’s fluffy and sweet just enough to fulfill your sugar cravings. Also, depending on which egg substitute you use they can have more airy or more concrete bread texture. To see how it is made in details, check out the video below!
In this video I share how to make a quick muffin cup liner without buying one. It’s the easiest and makes the look rustic and adorable. I love this way so much so since I have learnt how to make it at home, I haven’t been buying muffin liner for very long time.
I have made them in two different ways, half with blueberries and the rest with cocoa powder. But possibilities are up to your taste and you can be as adventurous as you want! The batter is just a base waiting for different ingredients. These ingredients render 12 muffins.
Ingredients – dry
1 cup oat flour – check out the video to make quick oat flour
1/2 cup buckwheat or all-purpose flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup cane sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp frozen or fresh blueberries – for 6 muffins
1 Tbsp cocoa powder – for 6 muffins
(additional: 6 pecans and 6 cashew nuts to put on top of each muffin)
Ingredients – wet
1 cup soy milk or any plant milk of your choice
1 Tbsp apple purée or half banana mashed or 1 flax seed egg (1 ground flax seed with 3 Tbsp water) : adding banana makes the muffin more solid and flax egg makes them fluffy. Apple purée somehow results in between them so I used the first option.
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil (sunflower, grapeseed, or coconut)
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add all your wet ingredients and mix them well.
- Combine the 2 and 3 together and mix just enough to make them together.
- Prepare 12 cups muffin tin and put the muffin liners. Distribute half of the batter into 6 cups.
- To the rest of the batter, add the cocoa powder. If the consistency becomes to thick, add 1 tsp plant milk to thin it out.
- Devide the chocolate batter into the other 6 muffin cups.
- Add blueberries and nuts of your choice.
- Bake them in the oven for 25 minutes till a toothpick comes out clean when you poke one :p
- Cool them for 15 mins and enjoy!
We often have them for breakfast which makes you day so sweet! I hope you give these a try and wish you a joyful and healthy day. 🙂